Prentice Hall Finance (재무의 이해) - Zvi Bodie, Bobert C. Merton 지음 - ch1-17장으로 구성되어있습니다. 영문 (일부 주요 문제들만 풀이되어 있습니다. 다운받을 때 참고바랍니다.)
WHAT IS FINANCE?
* Define finance.
* Explain why finance is worth studying.
* Introduce the main players in the world of finance-households and firms-and the kinds of financial decisions they make.
1.1 Defining Finance
1.2 Why Study Finance?
1.3 Financial Decisions of Households
1.4 Financial Decisions of Firms
1.5 Forms of Business Organization
1.6 Separation of Ownership and Management
1.7 The Goal of Management
1.8 Market Discipline: Takeovers
1.9 The Role of the Finance Specialist in a Corporation
Finance is the study of how to allocate scarce resources over time. The two features that distinguish finance are that the costs and benefits of financial decisions are spread out over time and are usually not known with certainty in advance by either the decision-maker or anybody else.
A basic tenet of finance is that the ultimate function of the system is to satisfy peoples consumption preferences. Economic organizations such as firms and governments exist in order to facilitate the achievement of that ultimate function. Many financial decisions can be made strictly on the basis of improving the tradeoffs available to people without knowledge of their consumption preferences.
There are at least five good reasons to study finance:
* To manage your personal resources.
* To deal with the world of business.
* To pursue interesting and rewarding career opportunities.
* To make informed public choices as a citizen.
* To expand your mind.